As an organization, we are committed to diverse and inclusive casting and welcome all ethnicities and gender identities to audition. Newcomers are especially welcomed and encouraged! Upcoming audition dates are below. No pre-registration is required. Hope to see you there!
The Barn Theatre in Montville, New Jersey will hold open auditions on November 20 & 21, 2022, for its upcoming production of “Clue”, written by Sandy Rustin with additional material by Hunter Foster & Eric Price and directed by Chris Mortenson.
AUDITION DATES: Sunday, November 20, 2022, from 6 pm to 10 pm & Monday, November 21, 2022, from 6 pm to 10 pm.
PERFORMANCE DATES: Jan 20, 27, 28, Feb 3 & 4 , 2023 @ 8 pm and Jan. 21, 22, 29 and Feb. 5, 2023 @ 2 pm. (Performances are on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays). Please note, there is a possibility of two additional benefit performances on Thursday, Jan. 26, and Feb. 2 at @ 8 pm.
The Barn Theatre is dedicated to the health and safety of all our patrons and volunteers, and we require all cast and crew members to be fully Covid-vaccinated. Please note that proof of vaccination will be required at the time of auditions for all cast members and on the first day of the build/rehearsal/tech for all crew/designers.
Based on the iconic film and the popular board game, Clue is a hilarious farce-meets-murder mystery. The tale begins at a remote mansion, where six mysterious guests assemble for an unusual dinner party where murder and blackmail are on the menu. When their host turns up dead, they all become suspects. Clue is the comedy whodunit that will leave both cult fans and newcomers in stitches as they try to figure out…WHO did it, WHERE, and with WHAT!
“Clue ” is presented by special arrangement with Broadway Licensing.
Actors are asked to arrive to sign in within the first hour of the audition start time. All roles are available. The Barn Theatre has an open casting policy for all our productions. As an organization, we are committed to diverse and inclusive casting and welcome all ethnicities and gender identities to audition. Newcomers are especially welcomed and encouraged!
- Wadsworth – a traditional British butler in every sense: uptight, formal, and “by the book.” He is the driving force of the play.
- Yvette – a sexy French maid with her own secret aspirations.
- The Cook – a threatening presence.
- Colonel Mustard – a puffy, pompous, dense blowhard of a military man.
- Mrs. White – a pale, morbid, and tragic woman. Mrs. White may or may not be the murderer of her five ex-husbands.
- Mrs. Peacock- the churchgoing wife of a senator. A bit batty, neurotic, and quick to hysteria.
- Mr. Green – a timid, yet officious, rule follower. He’s a bit of a klutz and awfully anxious.
- Professor Plum – an academic Casanova.
- Miss Scarlett – a dry, sardonic D.C. madam who is more interested in secrets than sex.
- Mr. Boddy – a slick, James Bond-type fella.
- The Motorist – a benign gentleman who rings the wrong doorbell.
- The Cop – a “Regular Joe.”
- Singing Telegram Girl – a cute, perky tap dancer.
- The Reporter
***IMPORTANT: You will be asked to list ALL potential conflict dates at the time of your audition. Please be prepared with your calendar and all out-dates, as a rehearsal schedule will be generated based on the availability of staff and cast.
The Barn Theatre is located at 32 Skyline Drive in Montville, NJ, just minutes off Route 287 (Exit 47). For more information visit www.barntheatre.org